God Is Your Defender
About the Resource:
Author and survivor, Rosie Rivera has wrestled the desire to defend herself, her reputation, and her family while also wanting to let God be her Defender. God Is Your Defender is about understanding the motives behind your thoughts and behaviors toward those who have wronged you. It is about the conditions you might have put on forgiveness. It is about fighting the urge to take over instead of trusting God. It is about learning how to truly rest in the Lord as the One who defends you and actively abiding in his peace.
Backed by biblical examples and personal stories, Rosie guides you to a place of healing as you:
- Learn the difference between a vengeful spirit and a heart of advocacy
- Stop the self-destructive cycle of the desire for revenge
- Discern effectively when to take a righteous stand and when to stand back and let God defend you
- Experience how to move from an “eye for an eye” mentality to an “I for an I” by exchanging “I am hurt” for “I am healing”
- Let go of the pain of the past without ignoring what happened
God Is Your Defender equips you to respond to hurtful situations, from the most minor to some of the most difficult, from a place of empowerment and peace.